Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Trip to the Eye Doctor

Jaelyn had her doctor's appointment today. She had a regular eye exam complete with dilation and the little eye machine where they ask "which is better...A...B...A...B" She hated the drops and totally despised having a bright light shined into her eyes, but other than a little whimpering, she did really well. To cheer her up, we stuck out our tongues at each other while the doctor's back was turned. That was fun. Anyway, our sweet Jaelyn is farsighted and will be getting glasses to read. Her eye sight is borderline for needing glasses, but the doctor would rather she have them to prevent eye strain then not and have her eyes get worse. He said it might be something she grows out of eventually.

I took her to a store tonight and we picked her out a pair of glasses. She picked silvery-blue metal frames over girly pink. They are teeny tiny and look really cute on her. As soon as we get them back I'll take a picture. She'll have to wear them at school anytime she's reading or doing seat work. She's worried about wearing them in front of her friends. I think I might need to check out "Junie B. First Grader at Last" again for us to read. Junie B. gets glasses in the book.

1 comment: