Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Caden's First Week of School

I've been so focused on Allie this week that I haven't posted about Caden. He had his first 2 days of preschool this week. Tuesday, we only went for an hour. Moms were all invited so it wouldn't be so scary. They did a very abbreviated version of school with a shorter first cycle, center time (including water colors) and a final circle. Caden did really well and enjoyed playing in the room. I wouldn't say he played "with" other kids, but they all played "around" each other very nicely.





Thursday, the kids went for an hour and a half without Mommies. I was the parent helper so I got to be there. It was a great first day without a single tear. I'm hoping Caden will follow that example on Tuesday. Caden enjoyed playing and did not stay by my side. They sang a Humpty Dumpty song and pretended to be HD by pulling their knees in and rolling sideways until they "broke." During circle, Caden got to bring 1 item for show and tell. He chose a Star Wars happy meal toy he'd gotten the night before. He did a good job of telling his new friends about it and answering the teacher's questions. After school, we stuck around to play with some other kids on the playground. Caden enjoyed playing hide and seek and tag. Good days!

(The video might be boring to most, but it's mainly there for Grandmas!)

3 comments:

  1. So glad Caden is doing well! When did your little boy get to be so grown up? Such a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grandma loved the video. I love watching the expressions on his face and in his eyes.
    BABA

    ReplyDelete