To get the kids involved a little more, I bought us tickets to the "National Treasure II Tour." Those two movies are Caden's favorites. We learned all about the filming, what was accurate and what was changed in Hollywood, and got a special tour through Washington's basement. There was a lot of extra history tidbits thrown in. It was great.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Mt. Vernon
There's so much to do and see in DC. We've done a lot, but there is still so much to see and time is running short. I've been wanting to visit Mt. Vernon and decided Spring Break would be the perfect time. I took the kids last Friday. Jaelyn and I have read a lot about George Washington lately. It was really neat to go to his home, to stand on his back porch, to jump off the ha ha wall, to hold onto the stair railing that he would have touched. Wow, so much history...I wasn't a history buff in school, but I am enjoying learning it now. Jaelyn is so bored with her history book, but it has great stories about famous people that aren't in traditional history books. I think it's wonderful.
To get the kids involved a little more, I bought us tickets to the "National Treasure II Tour." Those two movies are Caden's favorites. We learned all about the filming, what was accurate and what was changed in Hollywood, and got a special tour through Washington's basement. There was a lot of extra history tidbits thrown in. It was great.
To get the kids involved a little more, I bought us tickets to the "National Treasure II Tour." Those two movies are Caden's favorites. We learned all about the filming, what was accurate and what was changed in Hollywood, and got a special tour through Washington's basement. There was a lot of extra history tidbits thrown in. It was great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is indeed fun...to me at least.
ReplyDelete