Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Boo Blogger - "I've come a long way" text

My new quilting machine finally shipped. It'll be here on Thursday!!! Guess what Jaelyn will be learning about in school on Friday? Simple machines...screwdrivers, wrenches, and anything else it requires to assemble it :)

In preparation, I asked my mom to send me the very first quilt I made. I was 23 and didn't have a clue what I was doing. Dan was off at EOD school and I lived alone in a tiny apartment on Davis Hwy. I had a subbing job in the day and sewed the first pinwheel quilt at night. I was very loosely hand quilted. I think it's atrocious, but my mom loves it and calls it a treasure. She's loco en la cabasa! Anyway, she took it apart for me and I'm going to quilt it as my first real quilt (after my practice quilt). I finished 3 other quilts this weekend. I LOVE the second picture. It's called disappearing pinwheels. I love the colors. The third picture is Allie's birthday present. I saw a similar quilt in a quilt shop ad had to make it. The last picture is a baby quilt I made today. I still have to find coordinating backing material. The plan is to put it on etsy to see if I can sell it :). So there you have it. I've come a long way since my first hideous creation :).

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment