Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jaelyn's Quilt

Jaelyn saw me looking at cat quilts the other day. At the library yesterday, she found an entire book with nothing but cat quilts. And this afternoon, she started working. By bedtime, she had 3 cat blocks. The first two, she made 100% on her own. I helped her with cutting on the third one (pink and green). Her plan was to make 9. At bedtime, she changed it to 12. Then I'll help her piece them into a lap quilt. I just pinned black construction paper on to show her what big whiskers would look like. Now to just keep her motivated. I put her picture on a quilting Facebook page I'm a member of and so far, she has 700 likes and about 75 encouraging comments. I'll let her keep reading those :).

In other exciting news, tomorrow is my big day! My Block RockIt quilting machine will be out for delivery! I am beyond excited :)!!!!

1 comment: