Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

More Special Than You

I knew one day I would hear Caden tell someone he is more special because he grew in my tummy.  It happened on Saturday.  I don't remember what they were talking about over dinner, but to Jaelyn he said "Mommy would pick me because I'm more special.  I grew in her tummy and you didn't."  That's definitely not something that's going to slide by me.  I explained to him that while he grew in my tummy, the girls grew in my heart and I had to travel half way around the world TWICE to get them.  They are all special to me.  "Ha" said Jaelyn as she proceeded to tell him he started as an egg in my tummy.  Caden didn't like being an egg at all (I'm sure he was picturing himself inside a chicken egg).  At this moment, Dan pointed out that Jaelyn started out as an egg in her birthmom's tummy.  She didn't like that either.  LOL.  Way to turn the tables Dan.  The subject was changed and Allie's bottom starting shaking to the music to distract all of us.  (Did I mention we had fun on Saturday?)  I guess it's time to have a few more adoption and biological child talks with them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness. Talk away. This should be fun...

    ReplyDelete