It keeps happening...that thing called life. I received an email from a loyal reader informing me I've been MIA from my blog again (grand loyal reader - I enjoy phone conversations encase you are ever concerned).
Today marks 4 weeks that I've been sick with sinus crud. I just finished a weeks worth of antibiotics and steroids. My doctor suggested allergy testing, but we are moving in 9 months. It doesn't seem worth it. I still have pressure in my head and yucky drainage. The weather continues to be as wishy washy as 10 year old girl ;) (I speak from experience).
The kids are doing really well in school. So far, everyone has straight As except a C in Art for Jae. How do you get a C in art, you wonder? She didn't like the contour lines for one assignment so she just didn't do them. She said "they take away from the owl I drew." When the assignment is learning about contour lines, you should probably include them in your artwork. Jaelyn has also struggled with long division, but after a few email with her teacher and some discussions with her, I think we've ironed out the problem.
October has been project month at school. Caden made a rainstick out of recycled materials. I even let him use MY drill. What can I say, I love my boy! Caden also had to decorate a pumpkin as a favorite book character. He chose Ninjago's Sensei Wu. We had fun making him; although I did learn you shouldn't use kids craft paint on a pumpkin. Everyone had to make a vocabulary hat for the hat parade next week. Jaelyn won a $20 gift card last year and all the kids wanted to win this year. I'm not sure Allies or Caden's will win, but once again, Jaelyn's has a good chance. She had to pick a science word. She chose circulatory system. Her hat has a big heart with veins and arteries running to her extremities. My creativity was in overdrive. :)
Gracie is in the dog house with me. She chewed up my favorite hat on Thursday and stole my "expensive" sunglasses off the table and chewed on them this morning. The frames are okay, but the lenses are ruined. I'm hoping I can just replace them and not have to buy a whole new pair. Arghhh.
Dan leaves Monday morning for meetings in DC. I'm worried about the "frankenstorm" that's heading that way, but he's not too worried. Next week will be my first single parenting week with all of our activities (early morning choirs, after school math clubs, karate, gymnastics, cheer leading). Add in my physical therapy for my hip, volunteering, homework, dinner and laundry and I think I might be crazy by Friday night. I'll try my best to update but I make no promises.
Please keep praying for Nana. She continues to grow weaker. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment