Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Progress Reports

I can't believe we are half way through the first quarter. Jaelyn brought home her midway progress report yesterday. She has straight As so far. Her lowest grade is a 93 in science. She said its low because she had a zero on one assignment. She turned it in, but without a name. I've seen her being diligent about writing her name on her homework ever since :). She's much more independent with her homework this year. I don't know if its her new medicine, our slightly different parenting, or just being a year older and maturing, but whatever the cause, I'm much happier with the effect!

I checked Allie's grades online. She had all As and one B in reading. She's still doing some wonky things in reading that her teacher is watching for. She skips words or she'll change the phrases, while keeping the meaning the same. She also flips words. For example she'll read "left" as "felt." She brought home her first book report book this week. Those fourth grade teachers love their book reports.

Caden is doing great as far as I can tell. He doesn't have any grades online, but everything coming home that's graded looks good. He still won't get real grades this year. He'll have a skills based report card where he'll get an E (exceeds), M (mastered), A or B (I can't remember what the A or B stands for, but we don't want As and Bs) for each skill. I had my first reading group in Caden's class on Wednesday, and from what I could tell, Caden is an enrichment group. He went to the library and did stuff with the librarian while the other kids read and did a worksheet.

The fourth and fifth grade teachers are a little slow getting started. I "think" their book club groups will start next week. I've so enjoyed getting back into school and helping out. The principal has even finally learned my name. At the end of the year last year, she called me Jeannie. 160 volunteer hours and she didn't know my name. I brought warm snicker doodles on the first day of school with a note...now she knows my name :).

No comments:

Post a Comment