I met Keri in third grade. We were great friends all through school, college and young adulthood. We last saw her in 2000, the first time Dan was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground. We sort of lost touch after that, but reconnected on facebook a few years ago. Keri was in town this summer when we were and Jen and I got to see her for a quick snack at Panera. It was just like we had seen each other the week before. I guess when you've known someone that long and that well, it's easy to reconnect without all that weirdness.
When we were home a couple of weekend ago, I took the kids to a park to run off some energy. Jen and her kids met us there. Keri posted something on FB that morning that led me to believe she was in Pensacola as well. I called and she, her mom and her two little boys met us at the park. Keri's boys are 3 and 5, but they kept up great with the big kids. It's so neat to see my kids playing with my childhood friends' kids. Full circle...I could get emotional if I thought about it too long :).
Cute stuff.
ReplyDelete