There's nothing better than home-made jam...the full sugar variety. I tried the "no sugar added" kind last year. Yuck. Anyway, strawberries were on sale at the commissary last week so Allie and I bought enough to make jam. The girls did a great job of chopping and crushing the berries for me. We made about 10 cups of beautiful, red deliciousness.
Peach jam is also good; so when we were at Walmart the next day, we bought a bag full.
Since I was on a canning binge, I pulled out a recipe I've wanted to make for a long time: Nana's Green Tomato Relish. She hasn't made it in years, but it is so good. Green tomatos are non-existant in grocery stores around here and we don't have a curb market. I managed to get 1 qt of green tomatos off my tomato bushes.
I have a pork tenderloin to grill for lunch today and we'll be popping the seal on our first jar. I can't wait!

Yum to all 3! I wish I felt comfortable canning things since I love most foods that you can can. Maybe one day I will get up the nerve to try!!
ReplyDelete