Gracie was a sick puppy two weeks ago. All she would do was lay on the floor. She wasn't interested in eating at all. She was hardly drinking. After talking to our vet, I boiled her chicken breasts to try. She gobbled those down, but it still took a good week for her to perk up again.
When I say she felt bad, I mean it. This day, she didn't even try to eat play with Zac. And as anyone who comes to our house knows, Gracie LOVES Zac. All you have to do is say his name to get her perked up and looking around. Think "Squirrel" from Up.
Last Monday morning, Gracie still felt bad, but Tuesday morning she woke up her crazy, insane puppy self. After a week of peace, Zac thought he was safe in his cat house. He drastically misjudged the house's safety and the size of the entrance hole!
We took Gracie to Happy Hollow to play on Friday (the kids' last day of summer school and my last day of peaceful mornings - Yikes). Gracie used the whole 12 feet of the leash I made her and enjoyed wading and even tried a little swimming.
Stay tuned for pictures of a smaller Gracie. She's going to the groomer on Monday and we are contiplating clipping her all the way down. She's getting a lot of mattes and she smells like a dog with all the heat and outdoor stuff. And I DON'T like dog smell.
No comments:
Post a Comment