Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Days

Summer is flying by.  I can't believe it's the end of June already.  After a rocky first day of "I don't want to go to summer school," the kids loved it.  Caden came home everyday telling me some fact about a weird bug.  Jaelyn and Allie both really enjoyed their class and Jaelyn ended up liking the 5th grade teacher she was sure she wouldn't like.  She still wants the other teacher, but since they team teach, it's good to know Mr. K is okay.  The last week of summer school, the whole school went on a nature field trip to Happy Hollow.  I missed out on that field trip at the end of the school year so I was glad to get to have a second chance.  Overall, it was a really good experience.

This week, we were invited to a backyard bible study.  It's only an hour and a half in the mornings, but the kids are learning, memorizing verses and having fun playing with their friends.  Church camp and VBS are both in July while we will be busy here and in Florida. 

We are soooo looking forward to next week.  The Beatles are coming (that's code, y'all because I don't like typing my friend Jennifer and her family and I'm protective of last names).  We are so excited.  They'll be here on the 3rd. We are taking them to St. Louis on the 4th of July to go to the City Museum.  We should be back here in time for "the largest fireworks show in the area" right here on our little base (well, it's not so little).  The guys are leaving the girls and the kids here to play while they go climb five mountain peaks in Colorado.  Dan's crazy...he's just along for the ride with the other guys who are gung ho hikers.  After our fun week here, the kids and I are caravaning back to Pensacola with the Beatles to spend time with our family and THE BEACH!!!  I miss the beach.  Going to Happy Hollow just isn't the same.  I might or might not get better about blogging...life is just moving too fast these days!

1 comment:

  1. I wish our beach trips would meet up again! I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you and your crew! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete