Life has become a blur. The weekend was focused on my friend, Jenn. She was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and got some scary possible diagnosises with a biopsy scheduled for Tuesday. Dan sweetly asked if I needed to go to Orlando on Friday and that set crazy in motion. Our friend, Michele, and I flew to Orlando on Saturday morning and surprised Jenn in her hospital room. We knew she had an awesome support system helping her husband and kids but that left her alone a lot of the time to think about Tuesday. We were more than happy to fill that gap. Her reaction was priceless. She cried and sputtered and stuttered and might have said a bad word. On Sunday, Michele and I went to "lunch and Target" but really we went to two different airports to pick up another friend, Denise. Who knew Orlando had two airports??? Not Michele, Denise nor I. Jenn was complaining to Denise on the phone that we'd gone off and left her for hours when Denise walked in the room. Her reaction again was priceless. We spent the weekend laughing and crying (just a little) and playing a whole lot of Words with Friends against each other. We met all of Jenn's good friends that we've heard so much about over the years and Denise even ran off a scared little vicar. Jenn's biopsy was Tuesday. The news was not what they wanted, but God is bigger than any ugly mass in her chest. Would you pray for her? She's got hard times ahead of her, but then she's going to be just fine!
I jumped right back into life when I got home Tuesday night. We are ready for Christmas vacation. We need a break from homework, school, volunteering, work, just life in general I guess.
You're such an amazing friend!
ReplyDeletei'm praying like crazy for her! may His be the glory in her complete and utter, unfathomable healing!
ReplyDeleteThe Orlando airports can be a tad bit confusing. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you, Michele, and Denise were able to be with Jenn.
Continuing to pray for her and her family!
a break from homework for sure.
ReplyDeletePraying likwe crazy...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete