Gracie Mae fit in Zac's cat bed with room to spare when she came home four weeks ago. I think she'll be needing to ask Santa for a new one.
If I'm honest, I'm having a real love/hate relationship with our little pooch. The house breaking is driving me nuts. And actually, it's really not the house breaking. We are down to just one or two pee accidents a day. But when we go off, she gets very upset (I think you are right about the anxiety, your majesty) and her soft poop (which we are still medicating for) turns into diarrhea that she steps in and spreads all over her crate. It's just nasty, but I can't sit home with her 24 hours a day. Even though I don't work, I still have responsibilities that requiring leaving the house everyday.
I won't be like my mom when my lab had anxiety attacks, and tell you to get another dog. Nope. I won't do that ;-)
ReplyDeleteBut, I also won't tell you that my older house broken dog helped potty train the younger one when I brought her home either.
Nope. Not gonna tell ya....he he he.
The other option is to get her certified as a therapy dog with a little vest and tag that allows her to go anywhere as an assistance dog ;-) Then, she can go shopping with you. HA!
Aw, I'm so sorry! Is her crate big enough to split down the middle and put a pee pad (in a holder so she can't tear it up) on one side? I broke down and bought one that is washable and used it like that in our big pen for a while. You could resort to doggie diapers for when you leave the house.
ReplyDeleteKendra - Even if I thought I wanted another dog, we are only authorized 2 animals in base housing. I'll have to consider the therapy dog angle :p.
ReplyDeleteKim - she's doing better this week. I think the problem was the soft poo and anxiety. We've had two days of totally normal poo thankfully. I've been making sure she gets a good 30 minutes of exercise before I put her in her crate so she'll go to sleep. She's also doing better in the accident department. Only 1 today.