Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gracie and the Groomer

It took three tries, but I finally managed to get Gracie to the groomer yesterday.  Dropping her off was like dropping the kids off at Kindergarten, and then just like kindergarten, I realized I had four hours of freedom to do anything I want (so far, her limit is 2-3 hours in her crate).  FREEDOM!  And all for $20...puppy is getting groomed once a month!

I signed Gracie up for the puppy package which is bath, bottom, feet and face.  I like the shaggy dog look so I asked that they just trim her hair at the corner of her eyes and even up her eye brows. 

Before


After

It's hard to see in the picture, but she has a shaved unibrow.  They also shaved under her eyes and down her nose.  To make it worse, they'd tied a bow in top knot.  She looked so ridiculous.  She's still cute and it's not quite such a shock this morning.  She just looks surpised all the time now.  I miss my shaggy puppy.



Oh, since I'm talking about Gracie Mae Doodle, I should report she's been accident free for 2 days!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly... My Gigi is a teacup, but the same color as Gracie. The first trip to the groomer is hard. For what it's worth, I've yet to find a groomer who leaves a sufficient amount of hair on the face to keep the teddy bear look. Most shave around the eyes, leaving the snout hair. In a few weeks, it grows back out and they're back to their shaggy cuteness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is still adorable!

    My aunt had her yorkie poo trimmed and the tech made her look like a possum....awful! Maybe you can get them to not trim as much next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for sure would find another groomer

    ReplyDelete