I've been suggesting the kids write Santa a letter for weeks asking him to come early. Allie asked for a doll house and it really needed to be delivered to Missouri, not Florida. Last week, Dan finally typed a form letter and had them sign it. We mailed it to Santa on Thursday and crossed our fingers that he'd get it in time. Jaelyn woke me up when she snuggled in a little after five because she'd had a bad dream. She quietly whispered that Santa had come. She said he brought Allie a huge house and had brought Caden a bicycle, but she didn't know what he'd brought her. I'm not quite sure how she missed the large white desk and art supplies.
Once we turned on the lights, Jaelyn was excited to find her Santa present (ignore the closed eyes please).
Notice the clock on the wall...Jaelyn woke me up, then dog threw up, and by the time it was cleaned up and she was walked and fed, the rest of the kids were up and ready to open presents (since I'd told them we'd exchange our presents when Santa came)
Caden is disappointed in his present. He can ride a bike without training wheels, but all the sudden he's scared and refuses. We tried today, but it didn't go well. I wonder if Santa will stop back by and leave the training wheels!
I had to rearrange the girls' room to accommodate the new furniture. I'm actually happier with it now. It feels like they both have more room.
My Dad has finished the top to Jaelyn's dresser. I'm excited to get it and bring it home after Christmas.
Love the picture of Caden with Zac off to the side. Looks like he had someone's Christmas headband to play with! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the smiles!
ReplyDeleteAnd the fact that your girls rooms are vacuumed. :)