Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gotcha Day Delayed

Gotcha Day snuck up on me this year.  On December 1st, we celebrated the 8 anniversary of Jaelyn and Allie's adoptions.  I normally spend time looking through photo albums and reminiscing.  I always have our gingerbread house supplies ready to go.  Not this year.  I didn't even realize it was Gotcha Day until Dan told me sometime in the middle of the day.  In my mind, it was only payday.  Uhhhh...I feel tired these days.  Can I blame it on sleep deprivation and cleaning up poo?

Anyway, we decided to celebrate today.  Instead of the gingerbread house kits I normally buy, we bought graham crackers and bags of candy.  I made 2 pounds of royal icing and we starting construction. 






Unfortunately, we learned the difference between using graham crackers and gingerbread.  Oops.  It was really funny to watch as Allie house slowly imploded on itself as the graham crackers collapse under the weight of icing and candy.


While Jaelyn managed to stay intact, Caden's also experienced cookie failure as his tower crashed to the ground.


We had a nice dinner out at Cracker Barrel tonight.  Well, it was mostly nice.  They forgot my salad and then had to remake it three times to get it right.  Dan is counting it as four since the last time, they also forgot the dressing.  Craziness.  We wrapped up our evening with a big piece of ooey-gooey coca-cola cake.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day!!! Hard to believe it's been 8 years...I so remember you making those two trips to Russia.

    ReplyDelete