When I think of the kind of parent I want to be, I always look to my parents. They've set a great example for me in their marriage and their parenting. My parents have always been there for me. It doesn't matter if I'm seven, seventeen, twenty-seven or thirty-uh um-something, at the slightest hint of need, they are there. When we found out Allie was going to have surgery, there wasn't any questions where they would be. Even though they'd just been here in November and we just left them in Florida a week ago, they got on a plane and came because I needed help. Knowing that they are here holding down the fort and taking care of Jaelyn and Caden lets me and Dan focus totally on Allie and what is happening tomorrow.
I know that I know that I know when I'm forty-seven, they'll still be here. Eventually, the tables will turn and I'll thankfully jump at their slightest need. So thank you, Mom and Dad, for being such awesome parents and showing me the kind of parent I want to be to my children throughout their lives!
I am so glas your parents are there to help, especially since they live so far away! Praying for Allie. It is Tuesday afternoon here now, so the big day will start for you soon. Praying it all goes well and Allie (And mom!) cope with it all very well.
ReplyDelete