Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Too Much Excitement

I'm not quite sure where to begin. I guess the beginning? Last night about nine Allie started coughing blood. It probably only lasted for about five minutes, but it was a lot of blood to me. Honestly, I was scared half to death and my calm voice of reason, Dan, had duty so he was at work. I immediately called 911, then called a friend to stay with the other two. I had to go through a couple of phone numbers before I finally got the right duty line for Dan. Allie and I rode by ambulance to the nearest ER where Dan met us. From there we were transferred by another ambulance to John Hopkins in Baltimore. Dan followed in his car behind us and I guess I shouldn't leave out the snow, nasty roads and freezing rain. It was not a good night to be out driving.

We stayed in the ER until about three when they finally admitted Allie for observation. She never bled again thankfully. This morning the ENT resident said her throat looks good. He didn't see the clot the doctor had seen the night before when she scared us with the worst case scenario of going back into surgery. We are now waiting on the attending doctor to come take a look. The nurse said if everything looks good, they'll discharge us around dinner time.
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I've been keeping up on FB, but oh my goodness what an ordeal!! I can't imagine how scary last night must have been for you!

    Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still praying!! What an "adventure".

    ReplyDelete