I love games and puzzles. We spent a lot of time playing them when I was growing up and I love sharing the same games I loved with my kids. I've been on the search for a game I used to play at my Grandma's house. I couldn't remember the name or even what the game was other than a card game. I bought Rack-O a few months ago in the hopes that was it. It wasn't. We did have Rack-O, but it was at our house. A few weeks ago, I bought a skip-bo deck and I was thrilled to relearn to play. Skip-Bo is THE game I've been looking for. We would spend hours playing it at Grandma Mac's house. I'm kind of cut-throat and a sore loser (I'm not too proud to admit it). Jaelyn and Allie are both getting a hang of playing offense and defense. They'll be tough to beat soon.
We've also graduated to grown up Monopoly. Jaelyn got a U-Build Monopoly for Christmas, but the money goes into the millions and is hard for them to count. It's a cool game though and we'll enjoy it a lot in another year. I bought a "classic" Monopoly game a few yeas ago complete with wooden houses and the original little dog and car we used to fight over. We've opened it up and there was a 2 hour Monopoly game this afternoon. Allie, Lucky Miss Money Bags, had a pile of money but I managed to get hotels on prime real estate and she went bankrupt. Cut-throat, I tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment