Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Free Child Labor

We had a delayed entry on Friday because of snow the night before.  Jaelyn wasn't too interested in getting ready for school until she looked out the window and saw that Daddy hadn't shoveled our walk.  In 5 minutes, she was dressed with her hair fixed and her teeth brushed because I agreed to let her shovel the walk IF she got ready for school quickly.  There's nothing like a reward of helping Mommy to motivate Jaelyn.

 As she was shoveling, Jaelyn informed me I need to buy her a kid's shovel. 

Later, all was quiet upstairs.  There should have been noise as Caden got ready.  My investigation found Jaelyn styling Caden's hair into a faux-hawk.  I helped by adding mousse.  He looked cute, but I couldn't believe when he actually went to school with his hair like that.  He is normally very vocal about wanting his hair to lay flat.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that boy is growing up!

    I love it that kids can be useful. The other day I "let" Talia pull the meat off a cooked chicken - a job that I hate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, he looks so grown up in this picture!

    ReplyDelete