Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

This and That

Last week was truly insane.  I wasn't sure which way was up most days.  Jaelyn, Allie and I had new patient doctor's appointments.  Meeting a new nurse practitioner made me miss our Missouri NP who was so wonderful.  I think this will be good too, a vast improvement over our Woodbridge Doc.  I'm thrilled to say Allie has her ADHD medicine again (did I already blog about this?  I'm too lazy to go and look).

Anyway, the kids all had orthodontist appointments on Wednesday.  Jaelyn is ready for Phase II.  The ortho wants to study Jaelyn's models before she gives us her plans, but she'll probably have to have something called tension springs to help make room for her canines that are high and out.  We've known Allie had a narrow arch, but no one has suggested seeing an orthodontist before now.  Dr. B wants to try to expand Allie's palette.  That growth plate closes at puberty.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that we are still within the window for an expander to work.  Caden has two molars that aren't touching in the back.  His issue is a wait and see.  Apparently, when a top tooth doesn't have anything to hit on the bottom, it can come down.  If that starts to happen, he might need a retainer to help it stay in place until he's ready for real braces.

We started our sports and science co-op on Thursday.  Jaelyn was really shy, but the other two jumped right in and made friends.  Another mom told me she introduced Jae to another girl in her group who is shy as well.  They seemed to hit it off.  I think I'm really going to enjoy those 4 hours of me time.  I found a quilt shop, a book store and a Ben and Jerry's ;).  Next week, I'm going to hike the Monticello trail.

In addition to all of that was school, laundry, grocery shopping...we took a break on Friday morning to ride our bikes to the tennis courts and hit balls around for an hour.  I'm still feeling it.  I need to get moving again.

I'm working on downloading pictures from my cameras (shake your head, roll your eyes).  On our trip, I took my big nikon for Pensacola, my small nikon for disney, and I bought an underwater camera for Discovery cove.  In addition to those, we bought the disney photo pass, I have a thumb drive with our family photos from my friend, and Dan took photos with his phone.  I probably have about 2000 "good" pictures from our 16 day vacation.  LOL.  I'll weed those down and make a slide show since I know you all love other people's vacation slide shows :).

No comments:

Post a Comment