Anyway, I assigned the kids a descriptive writing assignment based on one thing they did on our vacation. Praise the Lord, Allie is back on her ADHD medicine even if I had to pay way too much for it yesterday (Tricare and I are going to have issues). While Jaelyn and Caden have only completed their brainstorming, she's done her brainstorming, rough draft and published paper. Honestly, I love the way she writes. Did you know excitement had a smell? This is all her. I corrected two spelling mistakes and added 3 commas.
Expedition Everest by Allie
"Let our expedition to Mt. Everest begin!," I said running to get in line for the roller coaster, Expedition Everest. We walked through this amazing, out of this world passage of sightings of the Yeti! When we got on the ride, we put our things in the bag, pulled down on the bars, and headed off on our expedition ride. We went zooming backwards in the pitch black darkness at the speed of lightening. Then we went forwards with the wind rushing past my face with my hands up screaming in joy. There was a rush of excitement in the air which smelled like the aromas of Asia. Then the ride halted to a stop and slowly, as in turtle running speed, went to the drop off stop. After we bounced off the expedition, we went on it again. It was so amazing. I can't wait to go again when I am older.


No comments:
Post a Comment