Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stupid Winter and This and That

As I sit, I can hear my kids mentioning white stuff falling from the sky....again.  Will it ever end, people?  We are in the prime spot for this storm.  The forecast has us getting 5-8" of snow.  We are getting closer and closer to going to school in July.  If they add Monday to the end of school, because we all know they'll call a snow day, that'll make our last day June 23rd.

Last week was pretty good.  We made the decision to put Jaelyn back on her ADHD medicine because she's driving me crazy.  I played phone tag with the nurse on Friday.  Hopefully, I can connect with her Monday Tuesday and get a new prescription.  I had a conference with Allie's teacher.  He's been here since January, but it's the first time I met him.  Honestly, he reminded me a little of her teacher from last year (the one I used to say was ineffective as a human being).  She's gone from all As and 1 B the first term to all Cs and 1 A (Social Studies) this term.  I didn't accomplish much of anything other than being more determined to bring her home next year so that I can have control of her education and know that she's learning.  She loves Social Studies this year, but I have no idea if she's learning anything else.  Just like Jaelyn, Allie needs to really focus on her reading skills.  At least her teacher moved her away from the kids that are being mean.  She seems happier.

I finally made a decision about a sewing machine and I cannot wait for it to come.    I've debated whether I want a machine built into a table or one on a frame. I got to play with a a $12,000 26" computerized quilting machine on Friday.  I was in love, but it's way over my budget.  The difference on my back and shoulders was considerable when I compared that one to one in a table.  So...after looking at all of the frame machines, I chose a 14" on a queen size frame.  It might take a couple of weeks before it ships and it's coming from Utah.  It's going to take FOREVER (I say in my children's whiney voices).

Isn't it beautiful?

I have four quilt tops ready to go when it gets here.  I'm sew excited.  Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment