Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How Many More Cold Snaps?

Grandma Molly always said there is one more cold snap before Easter.  Easter is April 20 this year.  I'm scared...and so tired of the cold snaps.  It's my birthday, for crying out loud, and it's snowing outside!


How crazy is that?  We are supposed to get 1-3" by the end of the day.  Did I mention it was 70 and beautiful on Saturday?  Ugh.

Since I was sharing that picture that makes me very unhappy, I thought I'd share a few that make me happy :).

The girls with one of their friends baking chocolate chip cookies with no help from me....well, maybe I helped put the flour on their faces for the picture :)

My spring table runner all finished.  I love it.

My scrappy quilt top.  I'm itching to get my new machine so I can quilt it.  Isn't it beautiful?  All the material is scraps from other projects throughout the last year.  Well, except for the white.  I had one yard of it was from another project.  I had to buy more to finish the sashing. 

I was photo bombed :).  This is Allie's quilt top for her birthday.  I made it in about 2 hours from a jelly roll.  I LOVE jelly rolls and charm packs and honey buns and turn overs and layer cakes.  Ohhh, I could get into so much trouble buying fabric.

I have 4 yards of this from another project I never made.  I'm going to back Allie's quilt with it.  She's going to love snuggling up in the flannel goodness.

These have made me smile repeatedly since I bought them.  I needed to spend $1.49 to get free shipping on something and they were clearances for $1.99  I love snipping threads now :).

My mom sent me the ugliest quilt I made when I was 23 and had no idea what I was doing so I could practice on my new machine.  I chose the word fabric as new backing, but it was just too pretty for the ugly top.  I finally convinced my mom it's not a cherished family keepsake as she'd been calling it; so she's letting me replace it.  I bought this charm pack clearanced for $1.49 when I bought the scissors and they match perfectly.  It's my newest project.  I've still got to buy the sashing material.  It's going to be beautiful! I can't wait to replicate the quilt I found on pinterest.



1 comment: