Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Up For Sale

I'm going into the quilt selling business, but only for friends that I like really well.  There's too much time involved to make it worth selling personalized quilts on Etsy.  Here's the first one I've sold.  Leisa had me poll her friends and family to get her words, plus I added a few of my own.  Leisa wanted a cream background to match her room, but I didn't want to do solid cream.  I chose 5-6 different cream fabrics to give the background some depth.  This method takes a lot of extra time over filling in with long strips.  I probably won't be doing it again unless I charge a little extra.


Leisa has collected pigs since high school; so when I ended up with space at the bottom, I knew I had to embroider a row of pigs.  Their tails are my favorite.


Leisa told me she loves flip flops.  I couldn't find any flip flop material that I loved or matched so I made my own flip flops.  It took three tries to get them right, but I love how they finally turned out.


I spent 30 minutes wandering the racks at Joann's looking for the perfect backing fabric.  Leisa always looks great and loves cute shoes and purses so this boutique fabric was perfect.


And my finished quilt with my helper who likes to push my presser foot every now and then to keep me on my toes.


2 comments:

  1. I have one, but that is so cute I'd be tempted to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete