It seems like every post I write is a hodge lodge of things because I don't write on a daily basis. I was amazed to look at my post count over the last two years. It's plummeted. Oh well, that just means that our lives are full.
So lets see, since the beginning of January, Caden turned 9. I have no idea how that happened. My little snuggle bug is growing up, but he's the same sweet, loving, tender-hearted little boy. I hope he always stays like that. Caden continues to take gymnastics and tae kwon do. He's really loving gymnastics. His cartwheels look like cartwheels these days and he lands them and finishes with his hands raised instead of in his karate stance. His favorite part of the class is doing front flips into the foam pit. It looks like so much fun. I so want to get the kids a trampoline. Maybe our next yard will be flat and I can override Dan's continued veto of a trampoline. There's a kid that's been bullying him at school and taking his craisins at lunch. He's talked to his teacher about it and has told me not to do anything. He wants to handle it himself. So far, it's stopped now that Caden stood up to him. We'll see if it continues or if Momma-Bear has to take over.
Gracie had another vet appointment last week. I had some concerns, but the vet explained everything and says her knee feels really good. She was cleared to be free in our house and jump on the furniture again. I need to take a picture of her sacked out on the couch snoring. She's so much happier. We are starting with slow 10 minute walks and will increase them over the next 3 weeks. We have another appointment at the end and then hopefully, she'll be cleared for all activities including running up and down the stairs whenever she wants. I am so tired of walking her, but the deck has tall stairs. She can't be free in the yard yet because of them.
Homeschooling is going well. Jaelyn is adamant that she will continue next year. If I agree, I will also bring Allie and Caden home. I see so much freedom and independent learning. We are working on expository writing right now. Jaelyn has chosen to research 3 different horse breeds. For the last week, she's spent her afternoon free time reading and taking notes when she isn't required to. She says next she wants to research hummingbirds. Actually, she's already started a little. She was spouting off facts at dinner the other night. It's exciting to see her excited about learning. Sure, it might not be what she would learn in science in school, but she's learning and motivated. The biggest issue I see with homeschooling all three is losing even more of "my time." Let's be honest, I have no friends here. I don't have time to get involved in anything and make them. I have also had short-timers attitude since before I unpacked the first box. What's the point in making friends when we are temporary? But I want to be settled at our next house. I long for a permanent home...constants: neighbors, friends, church. I haven't joined a homeschooling co-op here, but with all three, I see it as a necessity.
There is something I'm excited about. I sold my first quilt and am sewing on the binding now. I have my next one lined up to make. I won't ever make a ton of money, but it will be nice to have a little play money. And sewing allows me to work at home. I would eventually like to find something quick and easy to make (bags maybe) to sell on ETSY.
We have our new computer set up. One day soon I'll download all of my Christmas pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment