We have had a truly wonderful Christmas. It's the first year since having children that we've stayed at home instead of driving the day or two to Florida. I enjoyed every part of it from buying presents without having to think about whether or not they'd fit in the packed car to wrapping them with pretty bows (pretty bows don't travel real well packed in an over flowing car) to decorating the house to cooking. It was great to wake up on Christmas morning and find presents left by Santa under our tree. Honestly, I may never want to go to Florida at Christmas again (but I will, don't worry Joan). My parents came on the 26th and spent a week and a half with us. My mom pulled a muscle in her back so we didn't do anything, but hanging out around the house and just "being" was perfect for us. Life is busy. Stopping to breathe is good.
I'll work on getting pictures another day. We've gone mac and while the process of switching computers has been relatively easy, we don't have everything set up yet.
Gracie got her stitches out last week. She's doing really well this time around. The healing is slower. It took her a week to put her foot down and she's still favoring it. It's hard though because she can't run, jump, play, climb stairs, etc. She basically has had to sit in her play yard or with me on a leash. The vet gave her two more weeks of the same and wished me luck. Getting the cone off her head has helped tremendously, but the barking at 6 am (and earlier) is continuing. Crying it out worked with the kids...I'm close to barking it out...although Dan's been getting up with her because I've been sleeping so good that I don't always hear her.
There's more to write, but Gracie is crying and I think I smell mini corn dogs burning in the oven! :)
Good for Gracie! I hope she heals well.
ReplyDelete