Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

One Week

I can't believe we've been in Virginia for a week already. It feels like months, literally. Or maybe it's just the stress that makes it feel that way. I am running hot and cold on the house. I really like the secluded feeling location even though we are in a big subdivision. I love the big yard and the fence and the kids LOVE the pool just a short walk across the lake from our house. I haven't been to the pool yet. Dan has been taking the kids while I clean. I'm happy to report its much cleaner now :). Theres still a lot of work to do though.

After some investigating, Dan and I figured out the fan issues and roar in our bedroom. The remote with our fan and the one in the family room were interfering with each other. Five minutes later, with the help of a YouTube video, we successfully reprogrammed our fan to match the remote (no toggles to do it the easy way). Now we just need the handyman to fix the disintegrating shutter, the master bedroom patches, and a few safety things. Then, I'll be happy with the house. Our household goods come on Wednesday. I can't wait!

I took Gracie to our new vet yesterday. She is in agreement that the best option for Gracie's luxating patella is surgery. I called the University of Pennsylvania and Virginia Techs vet schools, but after gathering information, I think we'll be doing the surgery locally. It's major surgery with an 8 week recovery, but the alternative is continuing dislocations leading to arthritis and pain.

We got out today and did a little hiking at Mason Neck State Park. It was good to get away for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear they left the house in such a mess. Not good at all :-(. The house we moved too they left all the furniture and the barn is full of stuff too. With getting "permission" to change things and move furniture and stuff out, cleaning, unpacking, I am loosing my mind. Thankfully it's almost done. We are just trying to get the ok to cut down dead Strubs and bushes. There dead. Yet we have to ask to do it.

    On another note. Congrats on home schooling. We will be possibly doing it this year. After taking such a long break off. We're still unsure. But middle school is a definate.

    What made you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about Gracie and what is ya new address???

    ReplyDelete