Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Things Are Looking Up

The handyman showed up today. Hallelujah!!! Unfortunately, he didn't have time to do everything on the list, but he did paint my bedroom which makes me super duper happy. It looks sooooo much better. Gerber (that's his name, like the baby food, he told me) started out suggesting I go with an antique white. Honestly, I had no opinion about the color. It was painted a milk chocolate. I told him to add a bit more color than antique white - I'm enjoying the color after white walls for two years - and he came back with paint almost the exact color as the original. LOL. He's coming back Saturday with materials to finish up the other items. We really want Caden's fan, that's being held up by toggle bolts, fixed sooner rather than later. Amy told me I could fix that instead of waiting and why not? She's saving on labor cost :).

The kids and I shopped today. We went to Kohls, Home Depot and Virginias largest outlet mall - all within five miles of our house. I'm in shopping nirvana after two years of Walmart. I couldn't resist buying some black eyed Susan's that were on sale at Home Depot. I loved my BES's that I had in Abingdon. There are Barberry bushes on either side of the steps that I hate. As soon as I have a shovel and gloves, I'm going to yank them out and plants flowers that make me smile. I'm also adding a porch swing to my list of wants. I sat on it today to read a book while the kids played. I've never had a real front porch like this before. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous of your close shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, we just put in a Barberry bush on the side of our house the other day! ;) But I would like to do BES at some point -- do they do well in full sun? Our house has very little shade.... Hey, maybe when school starts, we can plan a little Kelly, Karon, and Jaelyn meet-up somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete