Picking up where I left off...the kids and I had a wonderful time in Florida. We enjoying our time playing at the beach, seeing friends and spending time with family (the normal stuff we always do). The kids are still bummed they don't get their own Florida vacation, and honestly as we approaching moving week, I'm bummed too. Another summer I guess...
Anyway, once we got home, I went into full out moving mode. I've spent the last two weeks tearing apart our house. The walls are all bare, the batteries are removed, our dity stuff has been sorted and separated. There's still a lot to do, but most of it is stuff that can't be done until this weekend. I'm a little worried about our cleaning inspection. I've heard housing is picky, but I have the list and am busy working down it doing everything I can so I just have to wipe stuff down on the last day.
Jaelyn is starting to feel the reality of moving and her anxiety has kicked in. She's reverted to a lot of her old fight or flight type behaviors. Not fun. I'm hoping it'll be short lived as we get settled into our new house and neighborhood. Although settled might take a bit because they don't have a driver to haul our load. It's being crated and stored until they do. They've guaranteed delivery no later than August 1 - 10 days after we get to DC.
In other news, I don't think I mentioned Gracie dislocated her knee while we were in Pensacola. It was pretty bad. The vet had to pop it back into the joint. She's had the same injury before (we didn't know what it was), but after a minute or two, she's always put her leg down and gone about her day. Since that major injury, she's had it dislocate on her several times. One of my first priorities in VA is finding a good vet. The prognosis is not promising. Depending on how they class it, 1-2, they don't do anything, but 3-4, they do surgery. The surgery is big and expensive and isn't a for sure fix. It might not fix it, it might fix it temporarily, or it might fix it permanently and then she could have the same problem on the opposite side. There's also the issue of arthritis developing if it continues dislocating constantly. I've been told by two people that we need to buy her a knee brace. Do they make those for dogs? I'll have to google.
And the last of my randomness...it's a go! Jaelyn will be attending Middle School of the Living Room next year. (Ha...I typed attempting instead of attending - how's that for a Freudian slip?) I'll be the one attempting it. A good friend gave me her 6th grade math curriculum. I've purchased art, english, reading, spelling, and writing curriculums from another friend. I still have to hunt down what I want for science and history. We'll sign her up for gymnastic and maybe music lessons and last, but not least to Jaelyn, she wants to volunteer at an animal shelter. I've also found a theatrical homeschool group that puts on two productions a year. Jae isn't interested in acting, but she says she'd love to help with sets and costumes. It sounds like I'm going to be very busy next year :).
Prayers for next week...packers Monday and Tuesday, loaders on Wednesday, cleaning house and loading trailer on Thursday, housing inspection, Dan's final clearance and hitting the road on Friday. And we'll be doing all of the with kids whining "we're bored" at us. Pray for sanity above all else :)!
Had a Tibial Plateu Leveling Ostetomy done one my dog. Crazy expensive.
ReplyDeleteDid it work to fix the problem?
DeleteI can't believe I have "followed" you across countries and continents! Gotta love the online connection!
ReplyDeleteHomeschooling - wow! I knew you were thinking of it, and I hope it works wonderfully for you both! I'm sure it will...
We just recently moved too! 8 cats, 6 kids, 2 adults and 1 dog!! It was insane. Expensive and so glad it's over. Good luck hun. God bless you. I don't think I could do it. Can't wait to hear all out your new house
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. We just moved last month. 8 cats, 6 kids, 2 adults and 1 dog. It was insanity added in the mix with stomach bug, head lice and fevers and illness for everyone. We're settled now and happy with our new home. Good luck and will be thinking of you :-)
ReplyDeleteWe just recently moved too! 8 cats, 6 kids, 2 adults and 1 dog!! It was insane. Expensive and so glad it's over. Good luck hun. God bless you. I don't think I could do it. Can't wait to hear all out your new house
ReplyDelete