Even though we have been looking forward to leaving Missouri for two years, it was hard to say goodbye. We had friends we loved, a school community where we fit right in and a house with furniture in all the right places ;).
Moving is hard on so many levels. Saying goodbye was hard and compounding that was little tiny logistics things that threatened to go wrong. Dans engine inspection required light came on in his new car on our second packing day. It turned out to be a sensor out, but they couldn't get the part until Thursday evening. The technician assured Dan that it would be fine to drive 1000 miles, but as I was the one driving it, I worried for all of those 1000 miles. Then Dan went to pick up our trailer on Wednesday (Thankfully the guy offered it to Dan a day early free of charge or things would have been worse). Of course there was a problem with the wiring on the van. Dan ended up in Springfield at a large Uhaul facility on Thursday...when we were supposed to be loading our trailer. I stayed home with the kids and put them to work cleaning. For a clean house, it was pretty dirty. I probably spent 20 hours cleaning total because I had heard how picky the inspection was. I put a lot of stress on myself. It probably would have been worth paying them to clean just to not have that :) with all the other moving stress. I just missed a few things that we could fix quickly. Dan said later that she told him I'd done a good job.
Our overall drive went pretty well. Dan had the girls, I had the boys. My only jobs were to follow Dan and change to the next Harry Potter section on my iPod. Caden and I listened to the Half Blood Prince. We just have a few chapters to go.
Our house...I was expecting the house we saw in pictures and I was expecting it be clean. I already knew the carpets hadn't been cleaned because the water had been turned off. My first view of the house was of the disintegrating shutter (that the handyman hasn't gotten fixed yet). Inside, the house is a mess. I couldn't even bring myself to take pictures. Lets just say I emptied my dyson bin three time between the family room and kitchen..to be contined
Sent from my iPhone
With ya sister!
ReplyDelete