I got distracted earlier and never got another chance to finish till now when everyone else is asleep. I should be too, but sleep is elusive these days without help.
The house...did I mention its filthy? There was enough fur under the stove and fridge to cover a medium sized dog (white and wirey from the look of it). Gross! The AC floor vents were clogged with all sorts of stuff and fur. I don't think they've been cleaned out in years. I know for a fact no one has ever cleaned under or cleaned the sides of the stove. The layers of grease rival some of the kitchens Robert Irvine sees on Restaurant Impossible. I have a bottle of Greased lightening to tackle it tomorrow. The carpets were covered in pet hair and haven't been cleaned. After a very frustrating day with no communication (have to work on that), they are scheduled to be cleaned tomorrow. The walls had been patched and touched up in the main level, but the handyman left in the middle of patching the master bedroom and never came back. I have a list of several other small broken things and safety issues that need to be corrected. Did I mention its been a long couple of days? And we don't get our stuff until the 31st. We have 5 more days in a hotel and then it's air mattresses for us.
The kids miss their friends. Unfortunately, everyone is retired in our cul-de-sac. No kids to play with. Dan took them to the community pool today. They all came back happily talking about playing with other kids. We registered Allie and Caden for school today. Later this week, I'm going to check out a gym for Jaelyn. We also found out there's a Tae Kwon Do club that meets at our school. I still have to check out dance studios for Allie.
So there's positive and negative. It'll get better. It's a process. I know this from experience. It's just hard waiting to get to that better place!
Sent from my iPhone
OOh.....not good on the lack of cleaning. I would be as grossed out as you are. Hoping things get cleaned, repaired soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI can so understand the "waiting to get to a better place." Those early days can be so long!!
ReplyDeleteIs this place a rental? Sorry you're having to deal with a major clean on top of moving in. Praying for you all as you get settled!!