Today has been a better day. It started with getting Dans car diagnosed 'again' and getting the part ordered. The kids and I stayed at the house and waited for the carpet cleaners. I can't tell you how good it feels to have clean carpets. They were really yucky. It brightened my whole day. We moved boxes out of the garage into the basement storage room and I degreased the stove and microwave. Every little bit of dirt and grime that I remove makes me feel better. I also unclogged the sink drain (gross... I don't ever want to know what that stuff was that was inside it) and straightened the sink on/off lever. It was sitting at a 45 degree angle to where it should have been. I was by myself, so I used bungees to hold the lever in place while I slid under the garbage disposal so I could reach nut. Oh the crazy thing I do to make things "right."
We met our landlord this afternoon. She made a long list of everything we wanted fixed. She also offered to pay for a new fan for Allies room and new shelving for the master closet if we do the labor. I liked her and I liked that she's fair. She's knocking $100 off next months rent for the inconvenience of the carpets and $200 for the cleaning.
I also talked to a very nice lady at the school board. I have until August 15th to turn in an "intent to homeschool" form. A neighbor told me about all the homeschooling resources in the county. It's a very popular option here apparently.
That's all for today. Tomorrow, I'm going to focus on unpacking our "first night" boxes and deep cleaning the upstairs bathrooms. Thursday night is our last night in a hotel.

I love that photo and can't wait to see the rest of the house. Maybe this is the house we will come visit ;)
ReplyDeleteHow long will you be in Washington? (It is Washington, right?)
And I love the fact that you will probably have a good community of homeschoolers around. Tyhat is going to help!
...and you got a pretty flag!
ReplyDelete