~And on a tangent, if you haven't tried Arbys peppermint milkshake, you are missing out.~
Homework is becoming the bane of my existence again. One night, Jaelyn had a sheet of maybe 30 long division, checking with multiplication, problems. Her homeroom teacher sat with her at lunch and did them all. Half of the problems where written in Jaelyn's handwriting on a separate piece of paper. She decided it HAD to be written on the worksheet. The other half of the problems were written by Mrs. A so Jaelyn had to copy them onto her paper. I'm not lying or exaggerating when I say it took her 2 HOURS to simple COPY (not work) the problems. Can you say FRUSTRATING??? They missed karate because she wasn't finish and I was DONE. Mr. K, can we move on to logic??? Jaelyn is super good at it and does her work with no fuss. Long division just stinks. I clearly remember struggling with it. The stupid thing is she wasn't working the problems, she just had to rewrite half of them.
We did make it to gymnastics twice and karate once. Miss T let Allie participate in Jae's class and then Jae participated in Allie's class last night. Everyone got fed and our house is not a total disaster area. Last night, I told the kids we had to clean up before we did anything else this morning. I woke up with no energy so no cleaning has happened. It's going to be a lazy day. I might take them swimming this afternoon. Maybe we'll fold laundry, clean the bathrooms and vacuum tomorrow.
Dan will be home Monday night. I'm glad for a shortened school week next week. We knocked around a couple ideas for Thanksgiving. With no one coming to see us, we wanted to do something instead of being at home. We will be spending the day at Silver Dollar City, seeing shows, looking at lights, singing carols on their train and maybe riding a few rides if they are running. SDC is a Christian park. It's very evident throughout the year; so, I can't wait to be there for the Christmas season.
Ugh on the TDY, but oh I miss Arby's. we ate there as many times as possible while we were in Seattle and close to one.
ReplyDelete