Caden is slowly becoming a better eater, but it's a challenge. I got him to eat an egg roll the other day by playing "guess the flavor." He nibbled his way through it telling what he was tasting. He didn't necessarily love it, but it all went into him.
I had a couple of sweet potatoes I needed to cook a few weeks ago (I'm so behind). I decided to see if I could get Caden to eat them. Now, I probably over-shadowed all the good nutrients by frying them :), but Caden loved them.
First I set him up at the table with the potatoes and a peeler. He did all the hard work.
Next, I sliced them on my mandolin and fried them (bad bad bad Kelly)
We sprinkled a little salt and cinnamon on them and between the 5 of us, 3 sweet potatoes disappeared in about 10 minutes. They were the best "potato chips" Caden's ever eaten. If you are going to eat chips, which we do with sandwiches, even fried, home-made, preservative and artificial junk free sweet potato chips are the way to go!
Another morning, Jaelyn and I decided we wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I headed to my favorite recipe site for a quick and easy recipe and put Jaelyn to work.
The mess wasn't pretty, but the cinnamon rolls were!
They were yummy, but the recipe definitely needs some tweaking before I share!
I hate to admit it, but I love fried sweet potatoes.
ReplyDelete