Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Crazy Week

We got home Monday night from Florida and hit the road running Tuesday morning.  I had PT appts on Tuesday and Thursday.  Tuesday, we focused on my shoulders.  There's no indication of arthritus on my xrays.  The physical therapist thinks I'm having muscle spasms that are pinching something causing pain.  BTW, that's been my diagnosis for years.  She gave me exercises to do that should have stretch and strengthen those muscles.  Unfortunately, I carry my stress in my shoulders.  Thursday, we focused on what I thought was hip flexor pain, as diagnosed by the FNP.  The PT said it's not hip flexor.  She actually thinks it might be my hip.  I have to go on Monday and have an xray.  Then I have PT scheduled twice a week for three weeks to learn strengthening exercises.  After all that, I'll meet with the physical therapist again.

The kids had a busy week.  They all had make-up work, even though we did get some work ahead of time.  Add in normal homework and reading and sports and we didn't stop.  Jaelyn's gymnastics instructor invited her to come to the next level class next week. That's exciting for her. 

We added and then subtracted a new pet.  Jae's science teacher had crawfish in a pool for science.  He offered them to the kids when they were finished.  I was a sucker and let her bring one home.  Mr. K sent her with two.  One died within hours of being in our house and the other died a day later.  Oh well.  We weren't going to keep them long...they were heading to Happy Hollow this weekend.

I also started my volunteer work this week.  It's going to be a crazy year.  So far, I've enjoyed all the kids in my reading groups.  I have several that were in my groups last year.  It'll be fun to watch them learn and grow.

Friday, I had to hang around to get our windshield fixed for the third time...Hoping it's the charm or I'm going to be really unhappy with Safelite.  Then I headed to Waynesville for the Stampede in the Park.  The 4th and 5th graders who qualified ran a mile against the other schools.  Jaelyn and Allie both did well.  It was fun to cheer on all the kids.

Today, Jae and I are hanging around the house...well, it was mandatory for her to hang around her room :(...while Dan has the other two out having fun.  So far, I think they've been to the museum, out to lunch and now they are at the fire station, eating hot dogs and jumping in a bounce house.

2 comments:

  1. Windshields are a real problem here too. They use rocks on the road.

    Are you ok? That sounds like a fun day...not. I can't tell you how many X-rays I had, at least one a day for a while, but I hated them. Good luck to you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These and other things just come with age>>LOL

    ReplyDelete