Have I mentioned I have a new love of the Taste of Home magazine? I have found some fabulous recipes in it lately. These two were on the same page as the Huli Huli Chicken I shared a few months ago.
Triple Bean Bake with Bacon
1/2 lb bacon strips, cut in 1/2 in pieces
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 can great northern beans, undrained
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp yellow mustard
* I substituted pinto beans, yum, for butter beans, yuck and I added a little ketchup just because :)
1. In a dutch over, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tbsp drippings. Add onion to drippings; cook over medium heat until tender.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return bacon to pan. Transfer to a greased 2 qt- baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake until desired consistency.
These beans were really good. I loved the zing the horseradish gave it. Allie gave this two thumbs up. Caden and Jaelyn actually manged to swallow five or six beans (yes, I said beans, not bites).
Saucy Grilled Pork Chops
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 bone in pork loin chops
1. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave butter, covered, until melted; add brown sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve 2/3 cup for drizzling.
2. Oil grill. Brush pork chops with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
3. Stir sauce to combine or gently rewarm if necessary; drizzle over the pork chops. If desired, top with lemon slices.
Dan's not always too keen on new recipes. At best, I usually get "it's okay." He liked these pork chops and told me so. That's big, folks! Let me know if you make them.
Bush's grillin beans are easier !!!
ReplyDelete