It was nice to come home and sleep in my own bed after two weeks away. I miss our friends and family though and have been a little blue this week. We had so many things to look forward to when school got out and we've done them all. There's a hole in August with nothing in it. {Tangent Praise... I know I wrote about our plans to visit my friend, Kendra, and her family in Alaska in August and I've written about her stroke and recovery. I'm thrilled to tell you all that she flew home last week and got to sleep in her very own bed as well! Thank you God. She's doing really well; I even got an email from her that totally made my year! Keep praying for her and her family as she continues to get well. And Kendra, if you read this, at some point, our families are going to have that vacation!}
This week, we got back to the pool a few days. It's so hot and that water feels so good. The girls have gotten to play with their neighbor friend and Caden has been down the street at his best friend's house. We've been back to gymnastics and karate. It's been good to be home.
The biggest thing from last week was our first spend the night at our house. The girls were so excited to invite C over. She was in Allie's class last year, but is Jaelyn's age. She makes a good playmate for both of them.
I wasn't sure they were ever going to go to sleep. :) Oh to be 10 and giggly again!
No comments:
Post a Comment