Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break

I know I'm neglecting my blog.  It's not because I don't want to write, it's just that I have nothing to write about.  The days are flying by and pretty much one day is like the next.  This week is spring break and we really needed a break.  We don't stop during the week with school, homework and karate.  Throw in dinner and baths every now and then and there's no time left.  I hardly ever see the computer in the day between volunteering, exercising with Gracie, my general household jobs and errands like grocery shopping.  Then at night, I'm tired and sitting in front of the computer and actually thinking of something to write about hurts my brain :).  Last week was also tough with Caden's flu and Jaelyn going crazy.  We put her back on singulair for her horrible allergies and after detoxing from it for 3 days now, she is so much better.  We were having the hitting, pinching, screaming, out of control, berserk kind of explosions that we had years ago.  It was ugly, I tell you (sorry, the kids have been talking like Junie B. Jones lately and I guess it's rubbed off on me).


Yesterday, the kids and I went to the base museum.  They've been with Dan, but I was probably folding laundry or practicing my deep breathing.  I actually wouldn't recommend the museum except to see the section of the Berlin Wall out front.  That was kind of cool.  It might be interesting to military folks who are either military police, engineers, or chemical, but it wasn't very interesting to me.  It killed an hour at least.


 Jaelyn helped me make yeast rolls after that.  I wanted steakhouse type yeast rolls.  These weren't those (Your Highness...help!  Think Quincy's yeast rolls from your childhood.  Did you have one of those?  Don't think healthy, think warm, sweet, buttery goodness.) and it didn't help that I left out the salt ~ oops ~ I'm blaming the kids and the dog for distracting me.

Today, we biked up to a playground and then took Gracie to the tennis court to run around.  I got the kids to race me in sprints from one end of the court to the other.  I didn't get as long of a workout as I normally do, but it was a pretty good workout that left us all gasping for breath.  Bowling is in the plans for this afternoon and then we are grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner.  Yea for 80 degree days again.  I know they won't last, but we are enjoying them while they do.

I've been using ground turkey a lot lately, trying to cut out beef as much as I can.  I made burgers last week with a recipe from allrecipes, but the turkey burgers tasted like really good grilled meatloaf instead of hamburgers.  LOL.  I'm branching out on my own tonight...Dan should be scared.

2 comments:

  1. http://queenofbrusselsprouts.blogspot.com/2011/05/fluffy-yeast-roll-recipe.html for a naughty yeast roll recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a Quincy's!

    And their yeast rolls were simply amazing. Then add in a bit of the honey butter... I think I need to bake. ;)

    If the Queen doesn't have a recipe, I might be able to share one.

    julie

    ReplyDelete