Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Hollow

The weather continues to be beautiful.  Today, we went to Happy Hollow to enjoy it.  We dug out the kids' shorts and they donned their croks in anticipation of getting wet. 

Gracie was having nothing to do with the cold water to begin with.  All she'd do was put her feet in and then back, back out.


Eventually Gracie decided it was safe to play with Allie near shore.  Allie spent most of her time building a sand castle.

The water was up to our knees pretty quickly, but we discovered a rocky sand bar that led us way out into the water.  It took some cajolling, but eventually Gracie was game to play.
 

Look Mom, I'm a wet doggie.

Jaelyn led Gracie around and she wasn't expecting the shaking that went on.  Jaelyn was pretty wet by then; so it didn't really matter.

Gracie found one spot where she could actually swim, but she didn't enjoy it too much.  She went right back to Jaelyn.

Thankfully after a good rubbing with a towel and some deoderizing spray, Gracie didn't require a bath as I was expecting.  The downside of Gracie's fluffy coat is that every cockleburr around attached to her legs.  She didn't appreciate me pulling or cutting them out.

She did, however, require an afternoon nap.  The "swimming" wore her out.

BTW, the kids and I had fun too!

1 comment:

  1. Shorts

    T-shirts

    even dirt/grass

    Nope, don't have those here...and I am a bit jealous!!

    ReplyDelete