Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Same Ole Same Ole

I keep trying to think of something clever or cute to write about, but nothing is popping into my pea brain. Things are pretty much the same. Nothing exciting is going on. We've had beautiful weather with blue skies, warm days and cool evenings. Today has turned windy, but at least it's not cold and windy yet. I am not ready for winter (although I've been busy on scarves and everyone has a new one). We've been watching the weather closely to decide if we want to go camping this weekend or not. There's a 30% chance of rain (down from 40%). We are leaning towards going. I might have lots to write about next week ; ).

School is going well for the kids. Jaelyn seems to be really enjoying it. She's had a few issues with talking, but other than that is getting her work done. She has spelling tests for the first time this year and has made 100 on every one. Her reading is improving steadily. We are reading Meet Kaya in the American Girls' Series. Math is her hardest subject. Behavior wise, she's up and down. I tried a new allergy medicine with her and that really did not work well. I gave it to her for 3 days and it took a good week of tantrums before it was out of her system. The 6 donut holes she ate at her Brownie meeting took 2 days of tantrums to get out. Her body is too sensitive. Friendwise, Jaelyn has really latched on to a little girl named, Allison. They have become best buds. We've had 2 playdates with her family. She hasn't bonded with a friend like this since Olivia at MDO from Olive when she was 4.

Allie isn't enjoying school as much as last year. I think she's having to work more and play less. She also sees less of her friend Alex. She seems to like her teacher and brings home green lights most days. We've had one instance of hair cutting recently which hasn't happened since the summer we moved here. I don't know what Allie was thinking, but she now has a lock on top of her head that's about an inch long and sticking out. Crazy girl.

Caden has settled into his school routine. He still tells me he doesn't want to go. Today, after he told me that, he said if he could have gummies after school, he'd probably do better. My little boy knows how to wrap me around his finger, doesn't he? He hasn't cried since that first day of school. We've been staying after to play on the playground and we've had a few lunch dates at play areas with his school friends. I've enjoyed visiting with the moms as much as he's enjoyed playing. I feel like "I'm" finally getting really settled here with a network of friends. Moving is going to be tough on all of us.

2 comments:

  1. It gets a bit like that sometimes, doesn't it! I have only been blogging half as much because I cannot think of anything to write on my blog either. Nothing is happening! But it is good to hear how the kids are going too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. For not having anything to write, you did a great job. By the way, I need advice on how to calm children in stressful events. ;)

    ReplyDelete