Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rock a Bye Caden

Caden was off today. I don't know what the problem is. He pitched a huge tantrum before lunch which was so out of character. I could barely get him into his carseat and then he refused to get out. He was unusually whiney this evening and cried when it was bedtime. I'm not rocking Jaelyn every night anymore (some nights Dan rubs her back while she's in bed) so I offered to rock him. I don't know when was the last time I rocked Caden and I haven't rocked him consistantly since he gave up his night time bottle at a year. He's still little enough to curl up in my lap, unlike Jaelyn who's all arms and legs and way too big (but we manage). I loved rocking him as he snuggled into me. I learned something important tonight too. Caden has stopped sucking his thumb to go to sleep. I'd say it's a recent change. I know he hasn't sucked his thumb in the day in the last few months, but I haven't been paying attention at night. Could it be??? Just shy of 5 years old and my big boy is finally being a big boy?

No comments:

Post a Comment