Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It Was Inevitable

The stomach virus started with Allie a few weeks ago throwing up. She missed one day of school. A week later, Jaelyn had 2 bouts of diarrhea and she was done in a few hours. She did complain of a stomach ache for days before and after her little bout. When Caden got it, he had the throwing up part. He laid on the living room floor all day one day with his trash can. Well...it was inevitable. Wednesday evening, I was feeling kind of queasy. I just thought it was the pattern of the hat I had started knitting. I was focusing a little too hard on the tiny stitches. I woke up at midnight and barely made it to the bathroom. As my mom will tell you, when I get something, I get it bad and it's always going to involve throwing up. It was bad. Sweet Danny sat on the edge of the tub with me while I alternated between throwing up and moaning in a heap on the floor. TMI yet??? I didn't even have to call him. He got up all on his own. He took Thursday day and Friday morning off and took care of the kids. He even took the girls to their first Brownie meeting Thursday night. I was in bed all day Thursday and slept on the couch most of the day Friday.

Today, I could tell Dan had had enough with playing Mommy. I've lost 4 pounds and was a little light headed from hardly eating for 2 days, but today I mostly reclaimed the roll of Mommy, cook, maid, laundry fairy, referee, etc. because he was done. Too bad I have to be sick to have 2 days off. I sure hope he doesn't get sick next. That won't be any fun at all!

2 comments:

  1. oh hone. I'm so sorry.

    my question is - how on earth did you give it to me all the way in oz???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking God that Dan was home to take care of you and that it didn't happen a couple of months ago! Hope you feel totally better soon.

    ReplyDelete