It's October so it's fall, right? That means cooler days and hot chocolate in the evenings, right? Wrong! Dan had a free Saturday a few weeks ago; so we took advantage. I'm learning I have to pack fun into his free time or there will be no fun this year. Anyway, we googled Corn Mazes and settled on a visit to Cox Farm which had a little festival with it's corn maze. The kids had fun before we'd even bought the tickets.
It was a hot, miserable day. I don't know how the kids managed to play, but play, they did!
They had these little scenes set up everywhere. Jaelyn loved the Wizard of Oz scene since we had just finished reading the book.
The corn maze was at least taller than last year (remember those pictures, waist high and thin), but they should have been honest and called it a corn path. It wasn't a maze. You went in the in, followed the fenced path, and came out the out. That was a disappointment.
At least they had fun pit-stops along the path. This spinning drum was the coolest illusion. I felt like we were flipping upside down and kept hold of one of the hand rails so I wouldn't fall off. The walkway, of course, wasn't moving at all. I must have looked really stupid. LOL.
There were also all kind of statues. This one was my personal favorite.
Pull!
Who can help? Is this lavender? It sure was pretty.
The hay ride was bumpy and hot. I bet it's really fun now that it's getting into the 50s and 60s and people are wearing pants. Hay itches!
While it was a fun day and I'm glad we got out and did something, it wasn't exactly the best fall, cool weather festival. I'm hoping we can find another weekend and a real corn maze to race through soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment