Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meet the Teachers and 1st Day

We got to meet our new teachers on Friday.  Caden has Mrs. M.  She seemed very friendly.  She just moved from 1st grade and had that little kids nurturing vibe.  I think Caden is going to like her.  He was nervous this morning, but when we got to school, he lined up with the other 3rd graders without a look back at me (Caden, I need a hug at least!).
 

Allie wasn't that thrilled with her teacher, Mr. H (rhymes with Caden's teacher.  I know I am going to have problems keeping names straight).  He seems like he'll be fun though....once she warms up.  One of the pack girls is in her class; although they weren't friendly to Allie at all this morning.  Momma might need to bust some heads if they are mean to my little girl!  Pray for a good friend for her, please.
 
 
Allie's opinionated ways are continuing.  She planned her outfit by herself, but let me add the necklace.
 

 
Jae and her monkey pajamas...crazy girl!
 

 
Today went well me.  I found Jaelyn working on her first math lesson when I was getting everyone else ready.  I like math on the computer :).
 

There were a few bumps in the road and whines over reviewing nouns (ughhh) and doing mad minute multiplication (argghhh) and 30 minutes of SSR (noooo - silent sustained reading for those not in the know).  We worked through all of it and even managed to have some fun learning about volume.
 
 
She started school about 9:00 and finished before 12:30.  I can already see I need to beef up some things, but overall I'm happy with our start.  1 day down, 179 to go :).

No comments:

Post a Comment