Nine years ago yesterday, we petitioned a Russian judge to be able to adopt Jaelyn and Allie. I honestly can't believe it's been that long. We started out our morning with the Christmas tree and then headed out to lunch. We chose the Cave Restaurant. It's exactly what it sounds like...a restaurant in a cave. It was an experience; although I'm not sure it's an experience we should take visitors to :).
You start out in the waiting area. Eventually a 1980s era mini-van shows up to take us up the mountain. It didn't feel like the safest of vehicles or drives, but we made it in one piece.
After climbing up two flights of stairs, we were rewarded with The Cave.
The kids had fun exploring while we waited for our food.
There are actually cabins that you can rent, but they weren't someplace I'd wish on my worst enemy. There were a few building that looked like they were going to fall into the river below.
After our lunch outing, we decorated our gingerbread house and trees. This was the first year I had no involvement other than setting everything up. They did the icing all by themselves. I'm not sure how long they'll last on the table. Icing and candy is disappearing at an alarming rate.

I can't believe it has been that long. Your arms sure are full.
ReplyDelete