On September 11, 2011, the newest member of our family was born.
Mommy, Waffles, had three baby girls and four baby boys. One of those three baby girls is ours. Aren't they adorable???
At about six weeks, a trainer will do temperment testing on the puppies and we'll get first pick of the litter. Our puppy's name is going to be Gracie Mae.
We had quite the complicated voting procedure, but Jaelyn read it was very important for every member of the family to agree on the name. We contributed three names each to a master list and then got the right to veto one name. From there, we ranked the names from favorite to least favorite. We added up the scores and the name with the lowest score won. I told you it was complicated. I thought Gracie needed a middle name so I chose Mae after a great grandmother. We are so excited. We will get to bring her home on November 5th. The breeder is in Kansas so unfortunately we won't get to meet her ahead of time.
We spent an hour at Petsmart yesterday picking out things for her. Everyone picked out a toy and we bought her a collar and leash. She's only a week old and she's already getting spoiled.

Those puppies are unbelievably cute!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I still have think Honey Junior would have been a good name :-)
ReplyDeleteSweet puppies. You need a thirty-one tote to organize all og Gracie Mae's toys. ; )
ReplyDeleteJenn
How adorable! Almost makes me want to get a puppy too :) Where in Kansas? Anywhere close to me?
ReplyDeleteMelany
Melaney,
ReplyDeleteThe breeder is in Peabody, outside of Wichita. I found out we'd have to pay KS sales tax if we drive into the state. Instead, we are paying mileage for them to drive into Missouri. It'll make our family overnight trip a 5 hour trip for one person. Where do you live?
Kelly
Oh, darn. I was hoping maybe you would be coming here and we could get together. We live on the outskirts of west wichita. Peabody isn't too far, maybe an hours drive from us. I have an uncle that use to live in Peabody.
ReplyDelete