Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Zac and the Tooth Fairy

I don't think that I've mentioned that we are loose tooth central.  Seriously, teeth are literally falling out of the kids' mouths.  Two weeks ago, Jaelyn pulled out one of her cuspids.  A few nights later, Allie yelled that she'd pulled a tooth long after bedtime.  Currently, Caden has four loose teeth, Jaelyn has four, and Allie has one loose tooth.  Tuesday, Jaelyn came home from school with a one year molar in a tooth box.  She left it for the tooth fairy and woke up Wednesday to...her tooth.  We wondered what was up with the tooth fairy and decided to leave the tooth another night.  She woke up Thursday and her tooth was still there.  We speculated over breakfast what could be wrong. 

Maybe the tooth fairy had forgotten. 

Maybe there were a lot of teeth lost and she couldn't get to everyone. 

Maybe she ran out of money. 

Maybe she didn't take old, yellowed molars. 

Maybe she didn't like Jaelyn anymore. 

Maybe Allie chased her away in the night with Caden's bug net. 

Maybe Zac chased her away.  He has been sleeping in the girls' room lately. 

We decided to try during the day encase she was over-worked at night and to try closing Jaelyn's door encase Zac was the culprit.  I volunteered in Jaelyn's class that morning and ran errands in the afternoon.  When she came home from school, she found this...


Later that day, Jaelyn came to me and asked if I was the tooth fairy.  I am not going to lie, but I definitely won't be telling the truth if I can help it.  I asked her what she thought and she said she thought I was.  I told her "if you don't believe, the tooth fairy will stop coming."  She hasn't said anything else to me.  I'm sad that my big 9 year old is getting too smart for her own britches...next up might be Santa Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment