Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Field Day the Home School Way

The last week in April and first week in May was all about test preparation for the kids' standardized tests.  Once that was over, I decided we needed a little fun reward.  Regular schools do field day with games and playing in the hot sun.  I decided we needed some playing and water in a climate controlled building :).  Massasnutten Resort water park is about 40 minutes from our house.  It's been on my list of things to do.  Dan took the day off and we had a wonderful family time sliding, swimming, and just being together.  Now that I know how convenient it is, we will definitely take advantage next school year when we need a break.









I just found out testing didn't go as well as I had hoped.  It's very discouraging to compare how the kids did all year and the progress I feel like we made to the test results.  A couple of kids will be retesting next week to see if the scores were a fluke :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment